WOW – Its going to be a great week, in fact let me say it backwards – WOW!
Ministry is so much fun. I get to see people come to Jesus, get discipled, mature in their faith, catch a vision, begin to minister and report back to me how God used me to help them in their walk with Jesus. I’m having a great time.
Its not without trials, difficulties or tribulations, but Jesus told us we would have all of those things, but to be of good cheer, because He had overcome the world in which those things occur. These last two weeks have been a part of the trials with the sudden onslaught of the full body rash and other allergic reactions to medication, and your prayers, phone calls and notes have really been a blessing. And guess what? This is one of the first times I can remember being really attacked physically, yet I remained joyful throughout the whole ordeal. And I still have a little of the rash and a lot of itching, that caused me to lose a lot of sleep at night too, but the Scripture came to life as I chose to be of good cheer. God enabled me to do that, as I could not do it on my own or in the natural. It was supernatural provision in a time of need.
You see the bible is clear that God is not a respecter of people, but He is a respecter of choices. He tells us that we can choose whom we will serve. We can choose death or life, we can choose anxiety or peace, and like David we can choose discouragement or encouragement coupled with joy. So this time, I made a choice, and I am glad I did. Yes I was still battling all of the symptoms, but at least I was not emotionally and spiritually miserable at the same time.
- At the rural Covenant Church eight days ago, God gave me great grace in the midst of the rash to preach on being Empowered by the Holy Spirit. The altars were filled with people wanting prayer, and Jason ministered so well in leading worship. He selected songs downloaded to him from the Lord that fit like a glove for the service and ministry. Here is one quote from that teaching for you to chew on.
“You can have the anointing from the Holy Spirit, without having the spirit of the anointing.”
The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus and gives Jesus the credit. So the spirit of the anointing would do the same thing. But some people when they are anointed, begin to take the credit for the power of God that is displayed. It is an honor to minister for and with the Lord, but in every act of obedience, and every response that we operate within the anointing, we are to give God the glory and help people see that it is Jesus doing the supernatural work of the ministry. That’s how the whole earth will be filled with His glory, as we are obedient. And the reality is that this just promotes more fun for us. John Wimber use to say, that God gets the glory and we get the hugs. So the spirit of the anointing within us should honor the Lord.
- A similar experience happened yesterday in the North Omaha urban church where God moved, and many people received prayer ministry, after I preached the new message God gave me on “Moving from a well dweller to a river diver.” The wells of salvation are a great place to meet Jesus, but after that encounter with Jesus it is time to move to the river. There is more Kingdom activity and excitement at the river than there is at the well. Often people just sit around a well, and talk about previous experiences, but at the river, people are encouraging others to jump in and experience something brand new.
Here’s What’s Coming Up!
- Nov 17 – Christ for the Cities, Omaha, NE – 45 minutes presentation about the Kingdom – Morning
- Nov 17 – Eagle’s Nest Worship Center, Omaha, NE – School of the Bible – Evening
- Nov 18 – Extreme Youth at the HUB, Omaha, NE – Healing Emphasis – 7:00 p.m. (open to adults too)
- Nov 21 – Grace University, Omaha, NE – Guest Presentation in Business Class – Anointed for Business – 7:30 a.m. (smile)
- Nov 27 – Glory Mountain Fellowship, Omaha, NE – Morning Service – Jason leading worship – Christmas Launch
- Nov 28 – Grace University, Omaha, NE – Possible Second Presentation in Business Class –
- Nov 30 – Grace University, Omaha, NE – Guest Presentation in Ethics class – afternoon
- Dec 01 – Eagle’s Nest Worship Center, Omaha, NE – School of the Bible – Evening
WOW – It’s going to be a great week!