We are blessed in that Kingdom Encounters in Omaha is truly developing a revival culture while simultaneously and spontaneously recently hosting a series of evening meetings that were not planned by us, but definitely by the Holy Spirit. We hosted four evenings of revival and they were glorious.
I have been teaching on this culture of revival since we planted the church nearly three years ago, and now we are experiencing and seeing much fruit. Some examples of this are listed below:
- People linger a long time after the services to visit and pray with others. This is what I call anointed afterglow!
- Many people go out to lunch together to gather, have fellowship and share about the morning or evening service.
- When I announced a few days of prayer and fasting, some in the congregation cheered. The majority participated.
- Generosity has increased dramatically with people giving and helping others much like in the book of Acts where they had all things in common, and our offerings are soaring, and we don’t even pass the plates, and in fact, some Sundays I don’t even announce that there is a basket by the door if people want to give.
- Many in the congregation are volunteering to serve and help in various capacities, often approaching us without us asking.
- Prayer nights have over half of our congregation attending, and they often want to press in longer in prayer sometimes up to two hours.
- We are having many visitors attend our church from various cultures and we often hear that this is one of the friendliest churches they have ever attended.
- The people are serious about getting into the Lord’s presence from the very first note of the first song.
- They love the aspect that everyone gets to play and we welcome the supernatural.
- They also believe in and practice that we are not pastor driven but Kingdom focused.
- Every Sunday the altar area is full of people pressing in for prayer, more of God and an impartation from the Holy Spirit.
- We’ve had pockets of joy and laughter manifestations coupled with some experiencing gold dust, spontaneous dance, artistic painting and flags, and others with very accurate words of knowledge and prophecy, and lots of healing testimonies.
Here is a testimony below from this past Sunday that I posted on Face Book that you will enjoy.
Normally I don’t look at my phone during the worship service, but felt led to Sunday and saw a message from one of our members who was home with a very sick grandchild and wrote a couple of notes of response to her initial note to me.
Then I felt led to use technology just like we did for the Face Book healing service but instead direct it towards someone we know and care for, and asked our congregation to take out their phones and call someone who was sick and then we had a congregational prayer for them along with the lady mentioned above.
We soon got a text back with before and after pictures saying the grandchild’s fever had instantly broken and she was now eating as if nothing bad had happened at all. This was amazing as we witnessed what God did with that act of faith by all of us participating together in corporate unity – WOW! Fresh Oil!
We continued the prophetic act as I then invited everyone to keep their phones out and since we had a lot of visitors, we took a few moments to meet and greet folks and take selfies together to post on face book. These posts later included many testimonies of healing, and other testimonies of what God was doing in the service. The word of God is shared on Face Book and others are blessed and encouraged through the notes. The testimonies strike a blow against the enemy as they literally overcome him, and the Word of God then has free course. It all serves as a prophetic act to draw others to the Savior.
My goal at Kingdom Encounters is to make disciples, create an environment where the Lord is welcomed in our midst, and do what we see the Father doing. If we do these three things, then we have accomplished our goals each time we meet.
Our website is http://www.kingdomencounters.net Check it out and look at the media page for some videos of cool God filled testimonies.